Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Starting this baby up



As I've got no friends in Oslo I thought I'd talk to this here blog page. Hello.

I'm a Scottish Manc who's made a tentative step across the North Sea pond to give Norway - home to my other half (en fin Norsk dame) - a try.

However, being a bit of a pansy I've been splitting my time between my traditional Manchester stomping ground and the new domain; thus keeping my freelance work going (barely, but more on that later) and ensuring that I have occasional human contact with people I can actually understand.

I'm trying to learn the language (asked one of my girlfriend's relatives how her two dicks were the other day - unintentionally of course... although she said they were fine; Low on batteries, but fine) and also to try and understand how people can charge £5 for a pint. As yet I'm failing on both counts.

Anyway, I'll chronicle life in a totally desultory fashion from now on. So feel free to read, comment or ignore and I'll go back to thinking about those two dicks. I would have never guessed...


Oh, by the way, the picture's a hut in Lofoten, Northern Norway. Read a book and find out more about it, cos I'm not going to tell you. Bye for now folks.
Or more precisely 'bye for now me', as I haven't told anyone about this bloody thing yet.

1 comment:

Lothiane said...

I love your writing, it's so funny. :)

You have at least one reader now.

by the way, Lofoten is wonderful! One of the most beautiful places in Norway, at least when the weather is nice. ;)